Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Veggies n school

So I've kinda sucked at updating this thing lately. Sorry bout that. I'm not going to promise to do better, though... Haven't had much motivation. However, with Denver and my's classes being on opposite days this semester, there's a good chance you'll see more form me on here. :)

How bout some pics, eh?
The garden's finally started pumpin out some veggies!
(That bright colored vine in front is a sweet potato plant! I hope we actually get some form it.)

We are diggin the cherry tomatoes. So is Rosco, actually... more on that in a second.

 We've got green bell peppers coming in.
(Thought I'd also gotten an anaheim pepper plant, but turns out it was another bell... lame)

The big ol maters are coming in too quickly for Den and I to eat them. Gotta start giving them out.

I've spent the last two mornings weeding like crazy. That garden was a forest, and full of many new and creepy bugs. I wish I'd taken a before picture of the carnage.

Denver broke my favorite pot the other week. :(
He tripped on it, so at least the pot got him back..

My barrels aren't really thriving.. 
I got lazy on watering duty in the last few weeks, but Imma try to bring em back!

Giving Rosco a hard time. 

Today's bounty. I didn't get all the cherry tomatoes though. Still more out there.

Rosco's become quite the cherry stealing ninja... D and I will have some in our laps watching TV and Rosco will try and sneak em out without us noticing. He's actually gotten a few from Denver successfully.

Our second cucumber. (Rosco was obviously was very curious..) 

I should probably post some vaca pics.... I'll contemplate doing that later. For now they're on FB.

As for life right now- today's the first day of school at SLCC. D has 2 classes on M/W/F and I have 2 classes on T/R. Our schedule's suck, but we gotta get some schooling in.
He'll be going straight from school to work, so we're basically not going to see each other monday-friday...
I was pretty depressed when he left this morning knowing our mornings together are history until end of semester.
Hopefully this will motivate me to do more on the days he's gone, like grocery shop, clean, find recipes n junk. Might as well grow form the alone time. We'll see what happens.

Till next time,
Much love.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, very impressed with your gardening skills. Have always thought about but haven't really done yet, so you get lots of points for pulling it off so well and in a rental none the less. And love the pic of the tomato with Rosco in the background, it is great!

    ReplyDelete