Monday, March 26, 2012

more pillows n such

 A few more pillows have made their way from my sewing machine to the couch.

 This smaller one I made today- simple but cute. Double sided with boxed corners. I like it.
I made this one a few weeks ago. 
This Union Jack symbol took me forever to make,
with cutting each individual stripe and sewing it on separately...
Worth it though- it's freaking adorable.

The sewing machine has also been dished out for a few alterations. 
Below is the first patch I've ever put on jeans- it was harder than I expected- it's difficult to maneuver skinny jeans around the free arm of a sewing machine... 

I like the results though. A little rough, but that's ok.

I've also turned a pair of bell bottom jeans that were 2 sizes too big for me into really cute skinny jeans that fit me perfectly. There's something to be said about being able to customize your pants directly to your legs. I love them. 
I also tried to sew shut a hole in Denver's shorts he tore yesterday... They didn't turn out as well, but he didn't even give me the chance to turn them right side out and look at it before he had them back on, so I guess it'll work.

That's most of my crafting as of late. 
I'm digging into the garden and so excited to get some new plants in the ground!
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment