Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Greetings from Fortis

So as I mentioned in my last post, I'm now working for Fortis College.
Here are the updates.
I started full time yesterday, though I did come in for two 4 hour days last week to get a head start on training.
That's the joke of it..
Ashley, the gal I'm replacing, was supposed to be here Monday and Tuesday for her last days, but of course, she didn't show. The most unfortunate part is that she was really the only person here who knew her job top to bottom, and therefore the only person here who could adequately train me.
Now I'm stuck with training by fire, having to learn everything as it comes up. This is a very random way to learn the job, thus a very difficult way to memorize my responsibilities.
Not only is that factor extremely stressful, but I'm also hating the not-seeing-Denver-in-the-days part. Times a million. And I'm only starting day 2 right now... It'll be an adjustment, and I sure hope it gets easier. He is actually in the process of trying to change his schedule to be a few hours earlier, so that he'd get off at 8 and I'd still get to see him for a short while every evening.

So there's the updates. I'm definitely in panic mode, but that's just how I am when it comes to major change. Hopefully when I learn a routine here, things will get better. And once I get my first paycheck. :]

1 comment:

  1. And I told you it will all work out. If given a chance and a correct attitude. But then I am just your mother and I never doubted that you could do it.

    ReplyDelete