Thursday, December 17, 2009

Exactly 1 month since last time

Dear imaginary followers,
(blogging has somewhat turned into an online journal for me. Nobody follows these anymore... oh well.)
While deciding to post something just now, I relaized it had been exactly a month since I last posted.
Things are going well at Fortis. I'm settling in, getting to know the people and my routine better. Some days are very stressful and have me running around headless for hours, but I think I secretly prefer those days over the trecherously slow days.. They go by fast, which makes the week go by faster, which brings me my weekends with Denver faster.
I am learning to truely value the time I get with him on the weekends on those stolen moments during the week that I get to see him.
I have so much I feel like talking about right now, but I'm only here for another ten minutes... I'm at work :P I don't like using D's laptop. The screen is wide and awkward and cuts off a lot...
Christmas is a week from tomorrow. :D Very excited for that. Also excited for this weekend. Denver needs an evening out to give me one gift- and with Marcy coming in from Philly over Christmas, we can garauntee that'll happen, so he's taking me out this Saturday for part one. Whatever shall it be... The only clue he will give me involves him talking like a pirate. That's it. The words aren't useful- it's just him talking like a pirate. He enjoys this because he knows it does me no good in cracking the mystery..
I've decided to calm down and wait this year. No more straining myself trying to figure out what it is and spoiling the suprise.
He said next month is going to be the expensive and exciting gift, though, for my birthday.
I can't believe I'm turning 20 next month! Seems so young, but at the same time- no longer a teenager? WEIRD! Ok, not that weird- I don't really feel like a teenager. When I started at Fortis everyone's average guess at my age was around 23- and I'm not going to say I don't feel like that most of the time. Denver are much more mature than most people our ages- but then again- he and I can be complete children as well. I love that man- it's ridiculous how much alike we are.

We got a christmas tree up! It's only 4 feet tall, but it's prelit and adorable! I have all of his gifts beneath it, perfectly wrapped. I love the presentation- I should open my own store where I wrap gifts, cuz I'm good at it! Not to be cocky....
Anyways-
just about quittin time. Better get things closed down.
Feel free to comment and let me know I'm not just talking to myself,
and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

3 comments:

  1. I should tell Denver to read your blog! ok I'm kidding. At least you write once a month. Me--not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a pirate, eh?
    your gonna have to let me know what he gets you.
    and also- MY TREE IS FOUR FEET TOO! and i have perfectly wrapped presents under mine!

    ReplyDelete