Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yay for this week!!!!

I cannot say enough how excited I am for this week. And here are the 3 reasons in no specific order- my excitement for each is equal.

1-Chris, my older brother, got home from Alaska Sunday night. He's been gone for 6 months, and I missed him like crazy. He has such an adventerous personality that I can't help but hold my breath a bit until I see him, knowing he could easily get himself into scary situations. I love that about him, though. He is the one person I know who will never let anything get in the way of him living his life to the fullest extent. He is such a role model for me in that aspect. I wish I had the spontaineity he possesses to just go do whatever he wants.



2-Bobby, my oldest brother, and his girlfriend of 6+ years, Clybe, are tying the knot this Saturday!!! We've known this day would come for a long time now, and we are all so excited for them and this official addition to our clan.


3-Because of this exciting event, Marcy and her husband, Chris, are in town. They got here yesterday and leave Monday, the 11th. We actually get a decent chunk of time to see them, and I am so happy for it. They did live in Philadelphia, PA, but they just moved to Portland, Maine- so they have had a lot on thier plate lately, and I'm hoping this will be a nice time for them to relax.



All in all- my entire family is in one place at the same time for the first time in a few years, and I plan on taking advantage of every second that I can.



p.s.- I am LOVING the new job. I really do feel like this is where I belong. When I started at Fortis, I cried my first two weeks there and I assumed it was because I had a difficult time managing the change. Now I know that was not the case at all, because I love coming to work at Marquette. I love my coworkers and I truely feel this is the first job I've ever had that will utilize my skills to their fullest, most personally rewarding level possible. The amount of camaraderie and employee moral here is unbelievable and I could not be happier with my choice to accept this position.

No comments:

Post a Comment