Monday, June 29, 2009

Reporting from Philly.

Lansdowne, technically.

Just flew in last night.
I hate flying. Always gives me pressure headaches.
Didn't drink anything on or before the flight in hopes of evading the airplane potty.
Attempt failed. 2.5 hours into the 3.5 hour flight I was in line.
I always choose the worst time to get up too.
I had the window seat, and once the gal in the aisle seat got up to go, I thought I better go now while I only have to ask one of them to get up. Only thing was I couldn't make up my mind.
I kept looking back at the restrooms trying to decide if there were too many people back there, only making my neighbor uncomfortable. I realized then she had noticed and felt rude, because she was the one to ask me if I needed to get out, instead of me politely asking her.
Slightly embarrassed I made my way back to that awful awkward gathering of full bladders.
Getting into one wasn't too bad. I waited for one of the two to open behind two other passengers. One of the restrooms remained occupied during 3 switches, so I was horrified it would be the next to open when it was my turn. Both toilets flushed, but thankfully the other door opened first. When I came out there were around 7 people in line. One woman was holding her child, eliminating any extra space there was to begin to maybe slip through. At that point we're all waiting for someone to come out of the restroom to cause movement. The lady in the aisle seat beside me decided the best light was in the aisle, holding her book out between me and the woman with her child. How ignorant can some people be? It was obvious we were having to fit a square through a triangle hole as was in the limited space, WITHOUT her holding her book out in the way. I squoze by eventually and made my way back to my seat. The two gals in my row got up to let me in, I tripped on one of them, falling onto the row of seats.
Wishing I were asleep like my neighbor en minutes later, I watched the city lights beneath us grow wider, brighter, and closer as we approached Philly.
We landed a solid half hour ahead of schedule, and I got off the plane quicker than any other time I've flown.

This isn't very interesting a story... oh well. ha.

I'm here. It's great to see Marcy and Chris, Daisy and Olive, Regency, and just everything in general. I've missed it here.
My un-air-conditioned apartment in Midvale has prepped me for my stay here. I didn't need the window unit on high like in the past because medium was still a major step up from my fans at home. I need to invest in one of those... They're fantastic.

Denver flies in tomorrow. I hope his flight goes as smoothly as mine. knock on wood. [the guy has the worst of luck]

I know this week is going to fly by. :(

more later. xoxox

3 comments:

  1. I am jealous, wish I could have gone with you. Give Marcy a hug for me :) Have fun, and keep us updated if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got there faster than it was suppose to be. That is always a bonus. And yes I agree that is the worst part of having a window seat. You have to time when is the best time to get out to go to the bathroom. And I also agree that people seem to forget how to be polite on a plane. Have fun this week, and are you going to miss your hairdryer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, give marcy a hug for me too!

    ReplyDelete