Friday, June 19, 2009

Phiiiiiilly




NINE MORE DAYS
till I take off for Philladelphia.
I'm soooo stinkin excited, but at the same time, super bummed.
My last three visits there have been for weeks at a time.
Last summer I was there for almost a month and a half,
and though I got homesick halfway through, it turned out
to be one of the most fun summers I've ever had.
I'll only be there for 6 whole days this time (I'll be gone 8 including the days
in the air) but I was sure to plan them over the 4th of July.
This will be my third 4th of July in Philly with Marcy.
It's always such a blast.
We head down to the museum on the fourth to watch the live (free) entertainment
with HUNDREDS of other Phillites.
My first time there was SUCH culture shock, but it feels more and more
familiar each time I go.
The first time Lionel Richie was playing, last year it was John Legend, and
this year Sheryl Crow will be gracing us with her talents.
Should be the most entertaining show for me there yet.
I'll know more of her songs than the past shows.

I head to Philly the 28th, but I don't get there till late (like 11:30 p.m.) and have all of the 29th to Marcy and Chris. Then Denver's flying up on the 30th to spend the rest of the time there with me as well. This will be his second time to Philly, but his first 4th of July there.
He does not even know what he's in for.


I have yet to see the coffee shop in its new location, or to see either of their pups they got since we were there last summer, so I'm as excited as can be. (mostly to see Marcy and Chris, of course.)

I always have such a hard time leaving there.. I can't decide of being there for a shorter time is going to make things easier or harder.
Guess we'll find out.

4 comments:

  1. i am jealous!
    take me with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we were going too! It always sounds like you guys have so much fun, Oh except when it rains. I guess even then it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited to have you here. Didn't know it was Cheryl Crow this year, thanks for doing the research! It has been raining like crazy here for the last few weeks so hopefully it will dry up by the time you get here. Would prefer to not have to fight the rain again for the 4th.. Love you!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, it's been a monsoon here for the past 2.5 weeks! It's insane. The beginning of the end, I'm tellin ya- it's june!

    ReplyDelete