Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little miss Suzie Homemaker

So today was one very productive day for me.
I'm generally not the neatest person. I leave clothes lying around all over my room. I leave dishes in the sink. I stuff and pack the garbage rather than taking it out. Lately Denver's done my laundry, even, I've been so lazy.
But not today.
Today I did mine and his laundry- mostly his- six loads. I studied for a big test coming up in the process. I even folded everything and put it away immediately. I hung everything up, put all shoes away, and even vacuumed. I made the bed after cleaning the sheets (I DESPISE putting a bed back together after washing the sheets, so that's saying something.) I took out two big ol bags of garbage, cleaned the bathroom (even down to cleaning the mirror and all over the toilet.) I returned moves to blockbuster and also returned borrowed items to my mom and sister that I had forgotten to return looooong ago (even though I just remembered that I forgot to hand Kim 30 bucks that I owe her... I even remembered to get cash back today so that I could at dinner tonight...man!). I altered two pairs of clothing and washed Denver's favorite blanket at my parents house. I got together a meal of leftovers to take home for Denver and got Randy to lend me two games for him to play on his PS3 (even though when we tried them we found out they don't work on his PS3, bummer.)

That was the jist of my day. The highlight was the delicious dinner my mom made. Roast beef, yorkshire, mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus, and brownies for desert. I was craving my mother's cooking and that meal hit the spot.

I was pretty sure Denver would be so proud of everything I did today that the leftovers and the games I brought home would be the cherry on top of it all that would make him get down on one knee right there and propose. hahaha. Not tonight, but maybe if I keep this up. :) He definitely was proud and appreciative, though.

I wish I had more days like this. If I'm ever lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, I will swear to strive to accomplish days like today every day.

Not sure where today's binge came from. Either a) I just got sick of the mess and decided to get everything done. b) because I wanted a legit excuse to not study for this big test coming up on Tuesday, or c) because lately I have been one impatient girlfriend imagining the day Denver and I tie the knot so I'm trying to prove to him I am a worthwhile investment. I'm going to assume it is a combination of all three.

For now I am going to try to focus on school and work rather than daydreaming of the day he pops the question, though that is easier said than done.

3 comments:

  1. Yeh, I am sure it was a mixture of all three things. Although if you are at all like me (and I know you are) it would be the second. I am so good at avoiding things and will do almost anything to not do it. And thanks for the compliment on the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i HATE putting beds back together too! wow! thats crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know 80% of it was B. hahaha. I am seriously procrastinating on my studying... but i'm going to cram my heart out tonight. And Lindsie, great minds think alike. haha. Putting beds back together is the worst! Do you have to do it at BBB?

    ReplyDelete