Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mom & Carrie's Day Out

So for my Mom's birthday a few too many weeks ago, I promised her I would take her to lunch one of these Saturdays when my Dad worked- just the 2 of us.
Today that day finally came.
Only thing was, we didn't go to lunch.
I took her to the farmers market instead.
This turned out to be way more fun.
One of my favorite things about the farmers market downtown is the array of people to watch. It's astounding how many people flock ot this Saturday morning, summer event.
All colors.
All ages.
All languages.
And they all being their dogs, too.
Which are also fun to watch.
I wish I had brought my camera to take pictures...
They sell everything at the farmers market downtown.
Everything.
Produce.
Pastries.
Jewelry.
Clothing.
Art.
Stationary.
Infant accessories.
Crafty hair pins and bands.
Plants.
Purses.

Everything.

There are also musicians every so often throught it for entertainment.
This guy was pretty rad:
I have never seen such an instrument before. It had such a gorgeous sound to it. He was selling cd's that I considered getting for my sister for her yoga classes. :)


I got my mother and I two yuuuuuumy pastries to split.
They were delicious.
There were all kinds if tents there, one in particular struck our fnacy.
This couple was selling the neatest plants.
We originally went over to it because Denver has been wanting a desk plant, so I thought I'd see if there was anything there for him.
We ended up walking away with a plant for him, and one each of ourselves. :)

Here's Denver's. It's an aloe plant. Manly, right? :)

My Mother's:
Who is currently pregnant-
With twins.

And here's mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment