Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Things I'm excited for.

So.
A few things on the docket.
Coming up, Denver's family's going to this annual campout in Springville.
Last year we went up for half a day to hang out, but that was it.
This year, we're getting to go overnight..
I'm pretty excited.
They have a bunch of games going-
Denver's excited for the frisbee football. I'm excited for the human slingshot.
What's a human slingshot you ask? Probably not what you're imagining.
What I am referring to is a massive band of stretchy fabric that you get 4 people to stand on the inside of and make a square. The two people facing each other runs across the way to the other side and pushes as far as they can while the other two do the same, bouncing all 4 people like balls in pinball machine.
It gets pretty intense.
We're not going to be camping out, however. We can't have our own tent because it's a church function and we are sinners who live together unwed, you see. We could stay in his mom's tent, but considering I generally only get one night a week with him (he works nights) I do not feel like spending his vaca time snoozing in between his mom and his twin sister. I would like to be snuggled up next to my sweetie.
So I booked a room at the Days Inn 15 minutes away.
This did/does not please Mama Jensen- but that's ok.
She'll still be happy we're making the effort to come out for more than an evening.
Upon reserving the room at the brand new Days Inn in Springville I realized that this will be his and my's first time staying in a plain ol hotel room together.
We've gone on plenty of trips together, but they've always been in houses or tents.
There was one time that we stayed at Anniversary Inn- but our room was a train car.
That hardly counts.
I'm oddly excited. Even though we will be arriving there late and leaving ever so early- it shall still be soemthing new, and I welcome it. :)
Funniest part to the entire fiasco is that I just NOW thought of Rosco- a week after reserving the hotel room. And wondered what teh heck we are going to do with him.
We can't take him to the campout- that is for sure.
I thought about my options.
Which I then discovered were pretty bleak.
Then a picture of my lovely neighbor and dear friend popped into my head.
Jackie!
I've known Jackie for quite a while.
We became friends in 7th grade, which was 8 years ago.
We went to different high schools and didn't get to see each other very much for a while there, but now we happen to live in the same apartment complex in buildings facing each other. We can literally stand on our patio and look out towards theirs (she's married, btw).
It's been refreshing to be able to catch up with her and keep in touch. We go to lunch together almost on a weekly basis and I feed her beta fish when they go out of town.
This brought me to the beautiful realization that, if they're up to it, I could just give them a key to the place for the two days and they could take him out every now and then for walks and food and potty breaks.
What a convenience considering they're about our only option.
She's pretty excited to be able to play with the pup, so it all works out.
Yippee!!

On an earlier note- I was surfing Etsy this morning and came across this lovely shop.
This woman makes adorable vintage-looking jewelry and I adored her earrings.
This means something coming from the gal who owns about 3 pairs of earrings as is... (that were all gifts. :)
I ended up buying these two pairs:

 
I easily could have spent hundreds of dollars on this woman's jewelry.
I'm still finding items to add to my wish list...

Antother day.
So. I'm hoping they look as cute in person as they are in these pictures. :)

That's the tip top surface of my life right now.
I hope everyone else is doing well.
Go on a vacation.
Summer's almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment