Tuesday, May 5, 2009

catchin up.

Hello all.
So my promise to get better at this blogging deal has been an utter failure.
Jordan seconds this statement, as he's looking over my shoulder telling me what to write and critisizing me for doing this at work...
Jordan's awsome- a coworker of mine. We write stories together at work that frustrate him because I have a hard time writing on the spot... Doesn't help he comes up with things 10 times more creative than I ever could.
ANYWAYS.
This is not about Jordan.
Let's get caught up in the land of Carrie.

I'm moved out.
Pretty monumental and not even blogged about yet, sheesh.
I have been for just over a month now.
I'm living in a 2 bedroom apartment with my friend Jes Wilson.
We've been good friends since our sophomore year and always talked about the day we'd live together, but I don't think either of us ever truely expected it to happen.
We're not the same people we were then, but we still get along great and I am lovinf the situation thus far.
A few weeks after getting into the apartment (in Midvale) my brother, Bobby, had asked me if I could temporarily adopt his Boston Terrior, Titch.
Both Jes and I LOVED having the silly mutt running around the place. We work opposite schedules (she opens at Sunset Coffee Mon-Fri at 4 a.m. and I close at Massage Envy starting at 3 p.m.) so the extra company was fantastic.
About two weeks into the adoption, we returned Titch to Bobby (neither of them could have been happier) and Jes was so upset she went to the Humaine Society that day to bring home a new friend.
She left vowing that no matter how cute the scoundral was, he had to be potty trained. She ended up bringing home an un-potty trained 1 year old who like to pee on our furniture, including both couches, and of course, by beloved bed.
The pup's wearing on our nerves, but he has one unique personality (luckily for him) so I guess he an stay a bit longer.
Other than that, I'm obviously still at Massage Envy. We've been busting out the sales the last few months, which rocks because of the deal my boss has been doing. Every month he gives us a goal (number of memberships to sale) and if we reach that goal, the commission we get for each sale is doubled. We've hit it the last 2 months, which is impressive because April is one of our slowest months of the year and we sold more than we have any other month in at least the last two years. I'm not hating that.
School is almost, also am not hating that. I need a break, for sure. I strugglin to keep my head above water finding motivation to be rare to come across. I plan on speaking to a counselor soon to figure what all esle I need to get my associates. I should be pretty darn close. I'm praying that maybe seeing a light at the end of the tunnel will keep me going.
I sure wish I could figure out what it is I want to do with my life. Any suggestions?
Yogi? Dr? Massage therapist? Forest Ranger? I have NOOOO idea. It's killing me. I suppose I don't need to know yet. I'm just not a patient individual.
I just hate not having an idea. All I know I want to do is be a mother. I wish it were possible to be just that. In my generation, that's somehow considered laziness... I hate that. Being able to raise a family right is just as important a skill set as being a doctor or biochemist. It should have the same level of prestige. But it doesn't, and in these days, few families can afford such a luxury.
We'll see what happens. I'm just going to live each day as it comes.
Time to finish up at work.
Sorry that is all for now.
I'll post pictures of the place and of the mutt as soon as I remember to take them.
After cleaning my joke of a room...

Goodnight ladies and gents.
Hope all is well.

2 comments: