Friday, May 7, 2010

Lemon Pound Cake. mmmmm

So last night I made a lemon pound cake. Suppsoedly the "Perfect Pound Cake," according to Prudence Pennywise.
The recipe was fairly picky as far as my cooking experience goes, but it was a recipe she was so excited about that she only had it up on her blog for a day before taking it back off and into her secret recipe files.

I had to make it.

I will admit my downfall when cooking is the ability to read ahead in a recipe. I'm generally too lazy or hungry to read the whole thing before beginning.
Because of this, I had to use cold eggs in my cake batter rather than the room temperature eggs advised in the recipe. I'm not sure what difference this makes, but maybe once I lose the multiple pounds this pound cake will give me and attempt it again, I will use room temperature eggs and see if it turns out better.

I'm not saying it did not turn out well, however. In her recipe she suggested waiting a day before eating it- that time makes it that much tastier... It was so hard to not eat even taste it warm last night... oh man.

Denver and I had a slice of it for breakfast this morning.... yummmmm.
He told me, "I know I've cooked most everything up to this point, but you're cooking everything from now on. This is ten times better than any cake I've ever made!"

My yummy enchiladas also proved to him my potential :P I told you- if the man would just give me a chance, he'd see the light. And now I'm afraid that's all he sees and all he wants to taste from now on.. hahaha.

There's a simple glaze of lemon juice and sugar on top of the cake, and I've gotta say- that's the best part of it all... mmmmmmm.

I love lemon.

Pictures will be added, probably later tonight. Though they don't to the flavor justice :]

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing! I'm LOOOOVING lemon right now. I have probably had five gallons of lemonade this week. haha. I miss you Carrie Ann.

    ReplyDelete