Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What am I designed to do?

Any advice on how I can figure out exactly what it is I want to do, career wise?


I just KNOW there is something out there that would just be perfect for me- down to the schedule, pay, and dresscode. I KNOW it. Something that I'll genuinely enjoy doing, down to my core. Maybe not every day- but as a whole, I'll know I'm doing what I was designed to do... I just wish I could put my finger right on it..

Sooo many people settle for whatever they've gotten themselves into or pick a random degree that maybe they're not passionate for but are hoping and waiting to be one day... Or they're just waiting for their 'perfect' job to come to them, and it never does.

I have no idea if the ideal job for me deals with kids or with students or patients or stethoscopes or gardening gloves.. I have so many widespread interests and no specific passions to guide me..

I love photography, but I don't see that paying the bills or keeping the savings account cushy.. And a creative career scares me- I go through creative waves. I can't always rely on myself to be creative enough to truly succeed. But that may also be because I'm new to it. Who knows what potential I might have if i took a few classes and invested in a great camera?

This is what's frustrating me.

There are SO MANY PATHS I could take.. So many if's- so many potential investments to get somewhere only to find out I went the wrong way at a fork in the road months or years ago and hundreds or thousands of dollars later.....

But it's out there, and I want to get there. I want to figure out this frustrating puzzle and be happy.
I want the real happiness acheivement brings. Not the depression and resentment settling brings..
I don't have it in me to settle.

But what is it I am supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment