Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am a DORK

So if you recall in an ealier post (Farewell Aprill) I mentioned that I had won tickets to a concert for May 22nd.. I was very excited for this show- I had seen Cobra Starship twice before and now they're huge, so I was stoked to see the difference in their show and crowd.
That was last Saturday.
I stayed up a bit late Friday night so that I could sleep in with Denver once he got home at 7 am. He didn't go to sleep until 9 am. I ended up sleeping until noon (which ROCKED) and just meandered through the apartment until he got up at FIVE. (Doors opened at 6 for the show, but at this point, we both had forgotten about it completely. Keep in mind these tickets were 30 bucks a pop that I got for free.)
Once Denver got up we bbq'd some hamburgers and hot dogs for a late lunch/early dinner and lazily attempted to make plans for the evening. We decided it'd be fun to go ice skating at the Murray ice rink with Denver sister and her/our friend, Ben. They were down and started to head over. About 10 minutes after we invited them a friend text me making sure I'd be at the show. My jaw dropped. I could not believe I'd completey forgotten. I'd even reminded Denver when he first got home that the show was that night...
We knew Taya and Ben would understand if we told them what had happened, but at that point, neither Denver or I were much in the mood for a concert. I wasn't feeling too hot and knew that crowd and volume level would only make me feel worse. Denver was in the same boat, so after we groaned about wasting the $60 worth of tickets, we went ice skating and watched Paranormal Activity with Taya and Ben and had a great time. :)

I feel like a dork for that one.. haha.

I hope everyone has great plans for Memorial Day weekend! Denver and I are going camping with Taya and Ben to somewhere by Tooele. I have no idea where exactly it is or how it'll end up being, but I am excited to take a break.
It's Denver's 20th birthday this weekend, so I'm hoping it'll be a blast for him. :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! you didn't go to cobra?!
    carrie, that blows!
    i hope you guys have a fun time going camping this weekend, I am sad we aren't going with you.
    I will be working friday-sunday, full time.
    and dan will be in washington... :(
    we would have had much more fun hanging out with you guys this weekend.

    ReplyDelete