Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I don't know about you guys, but my weekend rocked. Den and I eash got a day and a half off of work and went camping with his sister and our friend, Ben. Ben hooked us up for the trip with four wheelers and a secluded place to camp out.
He was worried Den and I wouldn't be impressed because he knows we like the forest scene and the place we were going was just a dirt hold to go four wheeling. I loved it. Any of the forest campsite we would have gone to would have been packed for the holiday weekend and I love getting AWAY from crowds, so this was prefect. I'm not even sure where it was- Rawley Dugway or something- like 40 minutes past Tooele.
I was kind of a hole in the ground- but it was a peaceful hole in the ground. We saw a few other 4 wheelers while we were there but we only passed them maybe twice while riding and there was no one camped out by us in view or earshot. I never saw anyone else camping anywhere. It was so quiet and nice. The rolling hills under the sunset and the wildflowers everywhere were just amazing.
Denver and I wore helmets every time we went riding- which I'm glad for. At one point he tried to ride through this big puddle but his 4-wheeler started hydro-plaining and he caught an edge and it flipped over and he hit the ground. He was fine- EXTREMELY muddy and he broke his phone that was in his pocket, but no injuries. If he hadn't had that helmet on I'm sure he would have had a killer headache the rest of the day.
I drove my own 4 wheeler a lot of the time- which I was really nervous for at first because I've only ever been a back seat rider in my experience, but it was fun. It was nice to be able to control it myself. Ben, Taya and Den were all pretty good on jumps because they're more experienced and I would just trolley on behind them, slowing down before each jump and catching no air. haha. I'm sure I looked lame, but I was not about to push my luck considering my lack of practice.
On Sunday we went for a crazy long ride through the winding canyon behind our camp. It was gorgeous. I could not believe how many wildflowers were all around. There were pink ones, blue ones, purple ones, red ones, yellow ones, white ones... It was so pretty.
Ben and Taya climbed up to some "cave" at one point and tried to get Den and I too, but we were too sore and tired by that point and sat back to watch them do it. I was suprised to see they made it to it considering the steep climb- but if you tell Taya she can't do something, she'll do whatever it takes to prove you wrong.
Rosco, my almost 4 month old puppy, hated the trip. The ground was too thorny for his uncaliced paws and it was too sunny and hot for his thick black fur. I felt bad for the lil guy. We had to pull little stickers out of his paws a few times each day. Plus we had to leave him chained up alla lone while we left to go riding for hours... He did good, albeit.  He was sure excited once we got to Denver's Mom's home and he had soft, cool grass to run around on though.

The whole trip was awesome. It was so nice to get away from reality for a few days and just enjoy good company and nature. I didn't enjoy the mosquitos... (I have over 20 bites right now and everyone else got 0-2 bites total... story of my life.) But all the bites were worth the great time.
 It makes it hard for me to go back to work and leaving Denver after getting to spend so much time with him. I was so sad when he had to leave for work last night... Back to reality...

Reality Blows...

I'll post pictures of the trip tonight or tomorrow. I got a lot of good ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment