Friday, March 26, 2010

I want a puppy!

Darn Denver!
I had become content with the idea that we would not bother with getting a pet that requires more attention than a fish until we hae a place with our own yard.
And then this morning as he got home from work and I was getting ready he mentioned there's a fella at his work selling Australian cattle dog pups for $150 each- great deal. So now Denver's drooling over the idea, when he's always been the one telling me no.
As much as my stubborn side hates letting him get away with that, my puppy loving side can't help but get excited.

Now, as cute as they are, I refuse to get a cattle dog until he have a DECENT yard. That'd just be cruel to the animal and our furniture to place it in a 2nd floor apartment.
On the other hand... There are a few cute apartment worthy pups.
I fell in LOVE with this one on KSL classifieds:

Adorable female english bulldog. I want her I want her I want her! These normall go for 1500-2500 bucks, but this one is only 600!!! I fell head over heels and emailed the seller inquiring a visit. I decided I should probably make sure they're allowed at my apartment complex, so I called... and sure enough- they're not. :( I'm so bummed. That one will have to wait for a later day...

So now I'm trying to figure out what would be good. D and I don't like shitzus or yorkies or pomeranians... or any of those annoying little dogs that yap constantly.

I'm thinking maybe a cute lil beagle?


Aint she a doll? Anywho. So now I'm on puppy craze mode... Dangit Denver...

Any suggestions on apartment pups? :)

2 comments:

  1. get the beagle, carrie.
    they are sooo cute, i have always wanted one. i will always be at your apartment playing with it!
    yorkies are cute too, i dont know why you guys dont want one.
    maybe... a poodle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got a husky/mini aussie mix! :) His name is Rosco and he is adorable. :) I will post a blog as soon as I get some decent pictures, but you'll have to come over to play with him, Linds. You'll love him. He'll go camping and hiking with us when he's big enough! yay.

    ReplyDelete