Monday, March 8, 2010

Vacation Time!!!

So next week is mine & Denver's Spring Break. Over the weekend he suggested we try to get a few days off work and get out of here. I was nervous to ask for multiple days off seeing as I'm still pretty new here and I have yet to do so. I emailed my boss because she was too busy to pull aside for a minute. Here was my super nervous email:


"Charisse,
I put a time off request in your box this morning. I understand you are busy, but I do need to know if it is approved, today if possible, to make reservations.

To sum it up, mine and my boyfriend’s Spring is next week and we are trying to plan a trip to Lava Hot Springs. The accommodations we are looking at are running a special for ‘stay 3 nights, get the 4th free,’ so we are looking at Thursday, March 18th-Monday, March 22nd. That would mean I need Thursday (18th), Friday (19th), and Monday (22nd) off if possible. Our 2 year anniversary is in a few weeks, so this is going to be for that as well- I will not be requesting additional days off then.

At this point, I am not even sure what is going to be available for reservations- I just need to know if I can have these days off before I reserve anything. I would for sure work any days that are unavailable to reserve, may that end up being the entire 3 days I have requested."


I IM'd her notifying her of the email, to which she relpied back to within 5 minutes saying, "Have fun!!" I was blown away over how anxious I got over it, and all I got back were two beautiful words giving me the blessing I needed to go.

Lava Hot Springs, here we come!

I wasn't even sure if I could make reservations this late, but apparantly Lava Got Springs isn't too busy mid-March.. The gal laughed at me when I expressed my worry for lack of time. We actually rented from the same people last March, so we know we can rely on that choice. :)

The four houses these guys own are all Beatles themed. This time we're staying in one called "Penny Lane." It's smaller than the last one we were in, but it'll be perfect for this trip. :)

The patio on the house.

A full (OLD SCHOOL) kitchen. :)

Main Street in Lava. I love this town. We ate at that Chuckwagon restaurant more times than I can remember when we were there a year ago. They weren't even that great, though.

Luckily this time I've been informed of a yummy thai restaurant we need to check out. :)

I am SO excited to get out of here with Den for 5 days.

I've been dying for a road trip. Even though we've done this one before, I just love driving.

It'll be legen- wait for it- hope you're not lactose intolerant- DAIRY!

2 comments: