Monday, March 29, 2010

Rosco, the amazingly adorable puppy.

So as you can tell by my last post, Denver and I were puppy hunting last weekend. Well, we were succusful.

His name is Rosco.
He is a husky/miniature australian shepherd mix.
He should only get to be about 35 lbs. (So the seller told us...)
He is 6 weeks old.
He is GREAT at pooping outside. Only once has he iniside and I take the blame- he was crying at night time, which so far every time has meant, "Take me out now! I gotta poo!" haha.
He is definitely newspaper trained- he always pees on the laid out newspaper, which I thought was good, but apparently is not. According to the trainers at Petsmart... That's just adding another pointless step to potty training.
We got him a cage/kennel thing yesterday. I'm frankly pretty nervous about kennel training him- I really want him to like it.
He is an eye catcher for sure. We get stopped everywhere for him to be pet and asked about.
He is a he. We were wanting a girl, but we couldn't turn his face down...
He likes cold, hard surfaces. I'm guessing his fur is a bit toasty, cuz when we had him stationed in the bathroom for the first day, he refused to lay on the provided blankets- he preferred cuddling up with the base of the porcelain toilet... haha. Everywhere we go- he seeks out the cold linoleum or wood floors and spreads all fours and goes to sleep.
Definitely a tired puppy. He sleeps most of the time for now. He'll wake up and run around for 20 minutes tops and then goes to sleep for an hour or so.
He cannot yet bark- (still developing his voice by whining)
He CAN hump. We got him a stuffed bone chew toy that's about the same size as him that he uses to chew, cuddle, and hump. A lot. hahaha. That may be embarassing in the future, but it's pretty funny/cute right now.
He's really only a cuddler by choice when he's beyond exhausted and doesn't care where he is.
He has lots of puppy dreams. He twitches and tries to run a lot in his sleep and makes weird noises..
He is scared of the ducks in my apartment complex. I'm excited for that table to turn, haha. :)
He is absolutely precious and I love him so much already and miss him when I'm away.

It'll be tricky for Denver and I to accomodate this new addition, but I know it'll be worth it. As much as i don't want him to grow out of this adorable puppy stage, I am so excited for him to grow up and go hiking and camping and everything with us.

I will post pictures once I take a few good ones. :) I'm sure there will be plenty to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment