Thursday, July 1, 2010

50 Things That Make Me Happy

50 Things That Make Me Happy



1- My lovely boyfriend of over 2 years

2- My awesome family

3- My adorable puppy, Rosco

4- Camping- anywhere so long as there’s nature and lack of urban noise

5- Early morning walks in the summer when the air is crisp and the sun’s just warming things up

6- Sunny D. I LOVE OJ. But when it comes to Sunny D, Tangy- I have no self control

7- Vacations that give me tons of time with Den and new places to explore

8- Philadelphia. I’m really missing Philly right now. This will be my first 4th of July NOT there in 4 years…    I love the city and the trains and the diversity and seeing Marcy and Chris.

9- Marcy and Chris. They’re hilarious. I miss them lots. (I sleep with fans on in my room despite our central air because it reminds me of the window units in their house and makes me happy.)

10- The way Rosco looks with a bandana tied around his neck. It somehow makes him 3 times cuter.

11- Columbian coffee with Irish cream creamer… mmm…

12- Or if I’m in the mood for a cold coffee (usually the case) an iced Irish cream soy latte. Mmm….

13- The cute apartment Denver and I have furnished rather well.

14- The way Denver and I sign ‘I love you’ when we part ways.

15- Playing by lakes or rivers

16- Throwing Rosco in shallow water to see if he likes it. (He doesn’t seem to hate it)

17- Not being at work

18- When Denver grabs my hand to hold it.

19- And when he sticks his elbow out to make a hole between his arm and body for my arm to go through.

20- People watching. Oh boy do I love people watching.

21- People watching with Denver- he and I are so similarly judgmental.

22- Buying toys and treats for Rosco. Denver and I both get a kick out of it. He says it’s ‘fantastic!’

23- Making good meals at home

24- Cute babies who are just happy campers.

25- Photography- I would love to take some classes and obtain a nice camera one day.

26- Prego bellies. I LOVE prego bellies and maternity in general. It’s such a beautiful thing.

27- Good music. I love such a wide variety of music and I thank my Dad for having such good taste to pass down.

28- The fact that I’m named after a song.

29- My Dad’s laugh when it’s for real and not a courtesy laugh.

30- The way my Mom and I say the same expressions in the same tone for the same situations.

31- How delicious a good meal is when I haven’t had one in far too long.

32- The way Rosco plays dead now every time I try to teach him a new trick and he gets confused

33- Christmas morning breakfast with my fam.

34- The way Ethan (my 8 year old nephew) carries his arms/hands like he’s a raptor

35- Big potlucks when everyone puts a ton of effort into their contribution

36- Campfires.

37- Fire in general.

38- Stargazing.

39- Orion- that’s my favorite constellation

40- Gardening. I have basil, spinach, chives, oregano, mint, and lavender growing on my patio.

41- When Denver and I sing to each other in good humor.

42- No bake cookies… mmmmmm…..

43- The fact that Denver and I have such similar tastes in music.

44- How compatible Denver and I are, period. I forget how crazy it is sometimes now that we’ve been together for so long- but we really are.

45- When Denver talks about what names he’d like to give our future children.
(and they're all actually good names)

46- A good massage. Mmm. That sounds good right now.

47- Cemeteries. Weird, I know, but I love wandering cemeteries and contemplating the amount of history lying beneath my feet. (This feeling might fade once someone I am very close with is buried in one... not sure.)

48- Vintage bikes. I really want a cute turquoise one. With a basket, too!

49- Movies that make me laugh so hard I forget there are other people in the theater, too.

50- Crushing egg cartons with my bare feet. It’s fun- and feels good.

*Bonus* The fact that I could go on and on with this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment