Friday, July 30, 2010

Crafts n Ros the Boss

It's tome for some more pictures on here.
Don't you love this one of Rosco?
I do.
Especially this one-

Tell me that doesn't make you smile?
I call him Kermit because he's usually sitting like a frog.
(He is wearing a 1.5 inch wide collar in this picture- his fur is just too long for it to show now.)
He now has his rabies shots- so he's all up to speed. :)
I just need to get his darn nails clipped now...

I've been up to a few crafts lately.
Reorganizing rooms and giving shabby pieces of furnifture face lifts.
(I've been following this website/blog lately: CherryMenlove.com.
It's done by a woman who lives in London who has 7 week old twins.
She cooks, crafts, gardens, sews, photographs- the whole 9 yards.
And she's practically a pro in every realm.
She's my current hero.
She motivated me to make these two item look cuter. :)
First there's this cabinet/rolley shelf deal that Jes, my old roommate, left for me. :)
It's not horrid- but it's also not the cutest thing you ever saw.
I used some left over fabric from the ottoman I made last year to cover the top shelf.

I just hot-glued it on.
I plan on getting the second shelf, too, once I de-clutter it.
Still makes it more appealing on the eyes, in my opinion.

Then this post of Cherry's motivated me to attempt this project.
I found this mirror at Big Lots for 10 bucks.


I forgot to take a picture of it before I started sanding it.
I just couldn't wait tog et that horrid gold off.
This is what I have now:


I still have more to do with it.
I have layer of black paint underneath the white to sand down in areas and antique it.
I'm excited.
I have a few more projects up my sleeve.
One includes this mirror and the rest of the red wall space. :)
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It really is cute. I also like what you did with the cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute care!! that little tv stand thing looks mucho better. chris and i made a little name banner for Avery's room. [its her name spelled out.] we did green and pink polka dots on brown letters. then i did a couple little picture frames to match. its so fun sprucing up plain things and personalizing them. i really want to see your apartment when i come home for christmas. its looking so darling. [:

    ReplyDelete